Sunday, September 27, 2015

My havoc garb adventure

This weekend I attended Hollow's Havoc VI and had an awesome time, but in the rush of loading my car I made a classic mistake. I forgot my garb.  That's right I found myself 2 hours from the house and already running late for the event and nothing to wear. I considered going home and calling it a disappointment. I thought about going in and see if a friend had a loaner, but a very simple and inexpensive solution came to mind. I rolled into Walmart and bought a yard of the cheapest fabric they had and a pair of scissors. So for right around $4 I was able to create a very simple Tabard. No it wasn't pretty. After all I just split the fabric in half and made a place for my neck to go through by tying it back together at the corners. In retrospect buying 2 yards would have been better.  Then i could have just cut a neck hole and used it. Either way I hid my street clothes and got to fight on.

No comments:

Post a Comment