Sunday, August 24, 2014

Another Great Practice

It is Sunday 8/24/14 and it is absolutely beautiful out. The sun is shining and it isn't to unbearably hot. We were hopeful for an SCA turnout but unfortunately our brothers and sisters in the SCA made other arrangements for their practice. I do hope they will come and visit with us soon as it is always good to see them when they come out. I was a little worried about fighting a second day after going toe to toe with the fantastic fighters of Amtgard in their tournament yesterday, but I was OK. I was a little tired but I was just fine.

We had around ten people show up and quite a few of those were faces that I haven't seen in a long time. I hope this heralds a trend and that we will start to see more of our old friends coming back around. We had one fellow show up with a bow and he managed to take me out a couple of times with some very good shots. (Thanks Alex) I got to try out my new red sword and I think it made a good impression. I'm thinking of making a second one and trying to florentine with them. Anyway thanks to everyone for showing up today. I had a great time.

Here is a picture of a few of us just chilling out at the end of the day.

Hope to see more of you next time.
Thorne the mercenary

No comments:

Post a Comment