Saturday, August 23, 2014

What's new in Dun Abhon?

Today I paid a visit to Madoc's Keep, the local Amtgard chapter. MK was having a tournament of arms which was both fun to watch and to participate in. While I don't claim to be a great fighter I was happy to have placed second in the great weapon event. I used to consider this a weak event for my skills I believe that I will be doing more of it in the future. My thanks to the warriors of MK for making me feel welcome. I had a great time.

Tomorrow due to conflicting schedules with the Iron Man we may have a few guests on the frisbee field. SCA may be stopping by to practice along side which is always a treat. While our practice differs in many ways, both our groups (Belegarth and SCA) share a love of history and melee combat.

Up and coming events. This is a mix of events from Amtgard, Dagorhir, and Belegarth that I know of and that are happening soon. If you know of anymore let me know and I will post them on my blog thanks.

8/5/14-8/24/14 Five Armies-Byesville, OH.-Dagorhir
9/11/14-9/14/14 Equinox-Montgomery Bell State Park, TN-Belegarth
9/18/14 Keep on The Border-Winsor, IL-Amtgard
10/3/14-10/5/14 Hollow's Havoc V-Morgan Hill, Cold Friday Rd., Corydon, IN-Dagorhir
10/8/14-10/12/14 Oktoberfest-Hudson, IL-Comlara Park-Belegarth
11/18/14 Mittlemarch's War- Paul Ruster Park, Indianapolis, IN-Dagorhir

Hope to see you on the field
Thorne the mercenary


No comments:

Post a Comment